- All students to behave in orderly fashion.
- No cellular telephones will be allowed during lectures.
- No eating, drinking, smoking or other refreshments will be allowed during lectures.
- No firearms or self-defense weapons of any kind will be allowed on any of the premises used for lectures.
- All students will treat each other , as well as the facilitators and office staff with respect.
- All students must wear proper non-revealing clothes or uniform as instructed by Future Flyers or instructors employed by Future Flyers.
- Students are responsible for their own lunch or refreshments during lunch break.
- Late arrival at class will not be tolerated
Class times frames and absenteeism
- Classes will be from Monday to Friday 09h00 to 15h00
- Due to availability of premises or training equipment, such as aircraft etc., some lectures may be over a weekend or after hours. Students will be notified in advance of such arrangements.
- Should a student be absent for more than one day, the student might be requested to re-do the whole module.
- Should a student be absent for one day or less, it will be the student’s own responsibility to familiarize themselves with the days work.
- 100% attendance is required to complete AVMED.
- Should a student be absent during practical exercises the student must complete that specific criteria with a next group and will not be allowed to write the CAA license.
Exams and pass marks
- All subjects must be passed with the expected criteria in order to be successful.
- A class test can be expected at anytime during the course on discretion of the instructor to evaluate a student’s progress.
- A written exam must be passed after every module with 90%.
- A departmental examiner / instructor will evaluate all practical exams.
- On successful completion of the Future Flyers Course, all students will be subjected a written exam at the Civil Aviation Authority of South Africa to obtain their licenses.
- Should a student fail the CAA exam above 68 % the student will pay for the re-write
- Should the failure at CAA be with less than 68% the student will not be allowed to re-write within 6 months
Course Fees, re-writes and redo
- Course fees must be paid in full before licensing will be allowed.
- Should a student need to re-write or redo any module, fees must be paid before the test, lecture or exam will take place.
- The course fees will cover all expenses and no extra payments should be made to any other person or individual other than the academy.
- Should a student be unable to complete the training program, a cancellation fee of 20% is payable to Future Flyers. Further deductions will be made for criteria covered and already paid for by Future Flyers e.g. medicals etc.
- Should a student fail to complete any module the student must rejoin the next group and the prescribed fee must be paid prior to commencement of such subject.
- Students will be financially liable for modules that they could not complete in the course they have registered for. This redo module must be completed during a next course as and when Future Flyers can accommodate them. It is totally up to the management’s discretion to decide the merits of the scenario.
- All forms and correspondence must be signed by the student and if applicable by the parent or guardian.
- All forms, correspondence, course material and information are confidential to the students.
- Future Flyers Training Academy functions independently.
- All correspondence will be between Future Flyers and its Director and students.
- No correspondence will be entered into with any other party.
- All correspondence with regards to the course will only be allowed during working hours.
- Students will be allowed to keep the course material as their property, given by Future Flyers.
- Students will not be allowed to remove any items from the premises without consent from the instructor.
Failure to comply with the rules and regulations
SHOULD A STUDENT FAIL TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE RULES IT WILL BE TO THE DISCRETION OF FUTURE FLYERS WHETHER SUCH A STUDENT CAN CONTINUE WITH THE TRAINING PROGRAM.
Students will be asked to leave the course immediately for the following reasons:
- Committing any criminal offense for the duration of the course.
- Students failing a repeat module for the second time.
- Theft of company property.
In the unlikely event of a student being asked to leave the course or a student leaving the program voluntarily after such an incident, all fees are non-refundable.
Future Flyers will not be held responsible for any injuries, death, loss of personal property or income or the inability to secure employment at any airline.
Future Flyers is a cabin crew academy authorised by the Civil Aviation Authority of South Africa. Future Flyers is NOT A PLACEMENT AGENCY and therefore does NOT GUARANTEE any student employment as a cabin crew member at any airline.